Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sew Fun

I don't have much to post about today, but I am currently working on a quilt (slowly but surely), which is pretty artsy. I started it over a year ago as a birthday gift that fell through, and I have decided recently to take it back up again. My goal is to finish it sometime during this year. I don't want this unfinished project hanging over my head any longer! 

I like sewing, but I hate sewing machines. To be honest, sewing machines kind of scare me. (I mean, what if you put your finger too close to that feisty little needle? OUCH). Quilting is good for me, since in my opinion it's easier to quilt by hand; though it would probably be much faster on a machine. 

2 comments:

  1. yay for quilting! I love rag quilting best cause they dont take much skill and are very forgiving of mess ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilting. I have tried sewing by hand, but I have no patience, therefore I sew by machine. But...it is a great way to really personalize something by making it with your own hands! You are very adventurous to take up such a craft! I don't know too many people who do that these days. It's almost a lost art.

    ReplyDelete