Saturday, March 31, 2012

Video Killed the Radio Star

Today was my first day on the set of my first music video. Most of the scenes were done in a bedroom, and I had to put on my makeup like I was getting ready for a date on camera. This was more challenging than I had expected! It's more difficult than you might think to put on lipstick with a camera in your face blocking a good portion of the mirror you're using to see what you're doing, while you're trying not to move out of frame.

It was really fun though. I must admit, I love being on camera. I've done a small bit of film acting, but I've never done a music video before. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. I've got another shoot or two for the rest of the scenes coming up; I don't know when the whole project will be completed, but I can't wait to see it.

My character in the video is getting stalked, so we took some paparazzi shots of me through a window and exiting my house and such. My paranoia switch has been flicked, and as I'm sitting here typing this at a coffee shop, I half expect to look out the window and catch someone creeping on me with a camera ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment