Monday, June 4, 2012

Crafts and Cats

Yesterday Boyfriend and I went to Michael’s Crafts, because I wanted to learn how to knit. I figured there would be some books on knitting. There were, but I decided to learn crochet instead, because I found this awesome book. 




Look how cute those little crochet cats are! The book has lots of cute little comic-style stories about them. 



And it of course shows you how to make them. 


I’m so pumped! Do you realize how many of these little crochet cats I’m going to make? So many. I thought of putting pipe-cleaners inside them so they can make poses and then using them to make stop-motion movies, like I did with my stuffed animals and with clay creatures as a child. I also bought this beginner’s crochet set to re-learn the basics of crochet. One of my friends taught me how to crochet scarves when I was a kid, but I was very young and I don’t really remember how to do it. I hope it comes back to me. 



I think the girl on the book looks kind of odd…I mean, what is she there for exactly? She’s not crocheting, or anything…she just looks uncomfortable…. 

1 comment:

  1. You'll love crochet! Once you get acclimated to it and feel comfortable, you'll get really fast. It's a great way to get lost. I am always my happiest when I crochet...because I feel in control and accomplished.

    Have FUN!

    P.S. Youtube is also a great place to look for tutorials in you're more of a visual person. It helps when trying to figure out a new stitch.

    ReplyDelete